Sweet Potato Biscuits
1 cup sweet potatoes, pre-cooked and mashed
1 cup flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup canola oil
* Set the oven to 375 degrees. While the oven is heating up, combine all of the ingredients and continue stirring until ingredients are well combined. stir
*Scoop out the dough to form 10 biscuits and place on greased cookie sheet… they will be small, but fewer calories 😉
*Bake for about 15 minutes depending on your oven.
Southern Style Biscuits
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 dash salt
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 1/2 cup butter
* 3/4 cup buttermilk
* Set the oven to 400 degrees. .
*In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
*Add the butter, cutting it in roughly until it begins to look like course bread crumbs.
*The next step is to add the buttermilk.
*Remove dough from bowl and then knead on a lightly floured surface for a couple of minutes.
Press the dough into a circle and then cut out the biscuits using a cooking cutter. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Sweet and Simple Biscuits
* 3 cups all purpose flour
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup butter
* Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
* Cream the sugar and butter until it is fluffy.
* Add (ONLY) 2 and a half cups of the flour to the butter and sugar mixture and stir to combine.
* Dust the rest of the flour onto a clean working surface and knead the dough until soft.
* Press the dough into a 1/2 inch circle
* Using your favorite cookie cutter again, stamp out your biscuits.
* Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Things To Remember
1. Sift the flour
2. Double check that you have all of the ingredients
3. Work from left to right with all the ingredients. That way, you won’t forget to add one of them. Been there and done that!