Eating out is a lot of fun, but if you are not careful, it could end up costing you a lot. This is why a lot of people are trying to cut back on eating out in these hard financial times. But did you know that there are ways to eat out for cheap? This means that if you are clever, you do not need to stop eating out, you will just be eating out cheap instead!
Here are my best tips when it comes to how you can eat out for cheap:
1. Eat the seasonal fruits and vegetables, since they are usually much cheaper than fruits or veggies that are off season. The same usually goes for the house specials, unless you go to a very fancy restaurant.
2. Try to eat only one course. You do not really need to eat three courses, it will just make you feel stuffed and bad, and you do not usually eat three courses at home either, do you? So try eating just a main dish, and you will save a lot! Desserts and first courses are usually really over priced anyway.
3. Look out for restaurant deals. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and they do enable you to eat out for cheap if chosen wisely. So what would you rather do: go for a restaurant deal or to not eat out at all?
4. Always check if you are paying for any extras (such as bread, olives and other small starters) before you eat them in order to avoid unpleasant surprises!
5. Do not drink a lot of alcohol. Alcohol is incredibly expensive in restaurants, so always avoid it if you can.
6. Chain restaurants are usually cheaper than other restaurants.
7. Share dishes with a friend or your partner. This makes eating out cheap easier since you can eat more than one dish!