Do you notice how sometimes things happen in cycles? Take clothing styles for example. Often times we get into a “retro” where what was popular 30, 40 even 50 years ago comes back into style. My mother often tells me that if she would have just never cleaned out her closet, she would be right in style, lol. Well the same thing is happening with herbal skin care.
For a long time we had given up on the good, wholesome, and natural ways to clean our skin in favor of new chemical, synthetic or high tech methods that were suppose to be so much better. But they weren’t better. Honestly, how can putting harsh chemicals on your skin be of great benefit?
I think we should adopt a policy about skin care. If it’s not something we’d be willing to put in our mouths, then it shouldn’t be something we are willing to put on our skin. Our skin is the largest organ we have, and it soaks things up like a sponge.
So what are some of the benefits of using herbal treatment for the skin?
- Not toxic to your body: Herbal products come from nature and they do not contain any toxins or carcinogens.
- Younger, Firmer Skin: They do this by promoting your own cellular regrowth and increasing the levels of collagen and elastin.
- Eliminate Wrinkles: Due to some powerful antioxidant in ingredient like Grapeseed oil, and Natural Vitamin E.
- Does not Clog Pores: This allows the skin to breathe
- Absorbs into the skin more easily and deeper: Being absorbed deeper into the skin layers means a longer lasting benefit to the skin.
- Removes dark circles under the eyes: This is accomplished by improving the circulation around the eyes and removing the extra hemoglobin and other waste.
- Provide Natural UV-protection: Many herbal ingredients promote a natural defense to the harmful sun rays.
- Soothes dry, itchy or irritated skin: Many of the ingredients such as witch hazel, and Babassu have been known for centuries to have a great soothing effect for irritated skin.
- Reduce Stretch Marks: Some essential oils such has Grapeseed oil have been shown to help reduce stretch marks on the skin.
- Heal Burns: Capuacu Butter has been used by native tribes in South America for thousands of years to help heal burns.