Easy to make banana bread is great for school lunches, and it freezes well too.
Banana Bread Ingredients:
- 100g of Unsalted Butter
- ½ Cup of Firmly Packed Brown Sugar (100g)
- 1 Egg
- 4-5 Bananas (450g Total)
- 3 Tablespoons (¼ Cup) of Natural Yoghurt
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 2/3 Cups (250g) of Plain Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Cup of Toasted Walnuts (optional)
- Peel and mash the bananas, preheat a conventional oven to 170°C (not fan-forced) and grease a 900ml loaf pan.
- Add the butter and brown sugar to your food processor’s mixing bowl and beat together until thick and fluffy, then beat in the egg until well combined.
- Add the mashed banana, the yoghurt and the vanilla extract and stir well to combine.
- Into another mixing bowl sift together the flour, the baking powder and the ground cinnamon.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture and then stir in the walnuts (optional).
- Pour the mixture into prepared loaf pan, transfer to preheated oven and bake at 1700C for 1 hour or until a metal skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean when withdrawn.
- Once cooked, remove banana bread from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then turn the banana bread loaf out onto the wire rack and allow it to cool completely. Serve when ready.
- Serves 8
- Serve the banana bread buttered with peanut butter and honey in a closed sandwich
- Banana bread is unreal when toasted, lightly buttered and topped with peanut butter and honey, for breakfast.
- We also serve buttered banana bread, plain or spread with jam, along with beverages such as coffee, tea and milk for morning tea and afternoon tea while; the kids, on the other hand, tend to just dig in and eat it as is.
- Banana bread stores well when frozen.