Caffe Latte. Art on Coffee.
Fast Facts on Coffee.
- Coffee comes from coffee beans and its the second most traded commodoty since oil.
- Coffee was first roated in Arabia.
- Coffee arrived first to Europe through Italy, through the Venetian Traders.
- Was deemed a ‘Christian’ beverage in the year 1600, as it had muslin origins.
- Is a vital cash crop in many Thirld world countries.
- Brazil is the Biggest producer of Coffee.
- Fair trade coffee benefits the poor communities that grow and harvest coffee.
- The name Cappuccino comes from the Capuchin friars from the 16th Century.
Different Types of Coffee
Ice Coffee. Ideal for hot weather, enjoy the flavor and cool yourself.Whipped cream and Ice.
- Caffe Latte. A favorite. ‘Latte’ means milk. . Mostly steamed milk.Some of these have ‘art’ as well.
- Cafe Americano. Watered version of coffee.One shot of coffee with water.
- Cappuccino. Equal parts steamed and frothed milk.
- Espresso. Made from dark roasted beans, finely ground with hot water.
- Macchiato.Espresso with a small amount of hot, frothed milk.
Coffee and Health
Various studies have shown apparent reductions in the risks of
- Alzheimer’s disease,
- Parkinson’s disease,
- heart disease,
- diabetes mellitus type 2,
Other studies have shown that with moderate drinking
Coffee, the Antioxidant Warrior
- Coffee, like tea, contains Antioxidants, which prevent radicals from causing cell damage.
- Drink coffee in moderation.Excessive is not recommended due to its caffeine content, which can cause undesired side effects.
- A coffee in the morning ‘wakes’ you up, and you feel more alert.