What you will need to begin your project is:
- Hard boiled eggs.
- Rubber bands.
- White crayons.
- Decorative sissors, the kind used for scrap booking that have wavy, square, point, etc. blades.
- Masking tape.
- Paint brush.
- Small, white, tapered candle.
- Egg dye or make your own.
- Cups for the egg dye. As well as a cup of water to clean the paint brushes off in.
- Empty egg cartons to let the eggs dry in.
- News papers and paper towels to cover the work space and to wipe paint brushes and your hands off on.
Make sure that your eggs are completed hard boiled. Then mix your egg dye in the cups and have ready, along with the egg cartons out to place the eggs in. Cover your work space with news papers or paper towels also, so that you don’t get any on you or the furniture.
Now, you are ready to begin decorating the eggs. Choose colors and designs that match the holiday that you are making them for. Here are instructions using each type of tool listed above.
- Rubber bands: Wrap rubber bands around the egg in any way that you would like. Stripes, criss crosses, randomly and then dip the eggs into the dye with the rubber bands still on. Let the eggs dry first before removing the rubber bands.
- Decorative sissors and masking tape: Using the decorative sissors, cut the masking tape to make different shapes and wrape around the egg. Dip the eggs in dye and let dry before removing the tape.
- White crayon: Use the crayon to draw pictures, write words, and make designs on the egg. When you dip the egg, the dye won’t stick where the crayon is at.
- Paint and paint brush: Paint on your egg, before dipping it in the dye.Let the paint dry before dipping it in the dye. The dye will change the colors a little and make cool color changes to the eggs and what you painted.
- Candle: Light the candle and drip the melted wax on the egg. The drips will be all different sizes and shapes. Once the wax is dry, dip the egg in the dye and let dry. Then peel the wax off.
Use these tools to decorate your eggs or a combination. You can also add glitter to the eggs while they are wet as well. Or place stickers on them too.