1) Take a look on the inside – The first step is to work on you. Everyone has bad qualities or annoying traits about themselves. The key is to minimize yours as much as possible. Find out your “issues”. If you don’t notice that you have any bad issues about yourself then try to remember things that people told you in the past concerning this. Have you heard “You are too bossy”, “You are mean”, “You are stubborn”, or “You have a drinking problem?” Do some soul searching and be honest with yourself and pick out weaknesses that you can work on.
2) Perfecting your imperfections – Now that you have been real with yourself and found some things to improve here comes the hard part. It is very testing to change something that has been in you for years but the rewards are great. If you are used to getting your way as a child then it is quite natural for you to want to have your way in relationships IE. disregarding the other persons needs to suit your own. Forcing your wants on someone else is a sure way to chase them away. Relationships with one person constantly benefiting and the other not is an imbalance and when things are not balanced they tend to fall. But that’s another Hub! Bad habits, however, can be broken. No matter what your problem is tell yourself that you can conquer it. Even if you don’t believe it. Hearing is believing when you believe you achieve. With will power, prayer and time you can conquer these things. But first you have to want to correct them. You can find someone who loves you for you with your shortcomings and no one is perfect but make sure that you are walking in love and practice self improvement (it makes you more lovable and attractive :). I will expand more on “walking in love” below.
3) Consistently Chase after God – The benefits of growing closer to God is that you will develop spiritual discernment. You will be able to smell a dog miles away instead of falling for his game and wasting years of your life. Not only do you have the benefits of prayer and other advantages you will have direction and purpose.
4) Know what love is, love it& walk in it – In order to find something you have to know what it is. If you don’t know what love is how can you find it. So what is love? 1 Corinthians 13 gives the best definition of love. Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, rude,self-seeking,easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs, it does not rejoice in evil but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, hopes and preserves. So if you have a date that is telling you about how much money he has, is not willing to wait on you, brings up your past mistakes or gets mad at you for silly things, etc you may want to find a new one.
The problem with many of us women (and men) is that we are attracted to the good looks, the car, the fun, the money. But all that stuff is superficial and to find something that is going to last you have to be of substance and seek a mate of substance.
This may sound crazy but it is the truth. Some women are attracted to bad guys. If you are one of these women then you may have to go through a little more pain and drama before you realize that you deserve better. But when you are done with all the drama remember this: You may have to teach yourself how to love a good man. A lot of times women who like bad guys tend to try to run over and disrespect a good guy because they feel there is no challenge. This is a sign of immaturity and should be dealt with. A good man deserves respect.
5) Walk in Confidence – One thing that attracts a good man to a good woman is confidence. If you look like Tyrah Banks or like Ugly Betty these laws apply to you! Because it is not how you look on the outside it is how you feel on the inside. Look your best always. You never know when you will run into that God sent man. I can tell you this, it may be when you least expect it.
Don’t come across as desperate when you are engaging with a prospect. Find a hobby or something productive that can occupy your mind while you wait for your king. A man loves a woman that has things going on for herself. Start a business, draw or join a neighborhood club. Being a part of something positive gives you the sense that you are useful and not lonely and desperate.
Did this help? Drop a comment..