If you want to know how to be able to defense yourself in a street fighting situation then obviously the most important thing that you can do is to join up with a martial arts club or self defense class and put in the training. There are no secret street self defense techniques that can save you from danger, however there are a few basic principles to keep in mind which will help you if you do have to defense yourself against an attacker.
- You should always try to avoid violence, but if you have done every you can to avoid confrontations and prevent a situation descending into violence, but it still kicks off and you have no choice but to defend yourself then you no longer have any respoonsibility except for your own safety and that of your friends or family who may be there. Fight dirty, go for the genitals, the throut, or any other weak spot and just finish the fight as soon as you can.
- The worst position you can get into is being charged / pushed / thrown to the ground and having them get on top off you. Do everything to avoid this.
- If you have multiple opponents, then keep moving around as much as possible and avoid getting surrounded.
- Try to keep an escape route open, or manouver towards one if possible.
- Don’t just throw punches for the sake of it as you will only end up wearing yourself out and maybe even breaking your knuckles. Every attack should have a clear purpose that you should commit to, whether that is forcing an attacker back to give you space, or actually ending the fight
And number six: Learn how to throw a strong punch!