You want to eat something sweet, satisfying and nasty, badly. Your children are hungry and they run around the kitchen table screaming “biscuits”. Your friend called after a long time and told she will be at yours in an hour for a cup of tea but you have nothing at home to serve with tea. Now you think you have to dress up and go to the nearest store to buy biscuits. Well actually I think you can make them in your very kitchen. Less price, more fun!
- 100gr. butter
- 75 gr.castor sugar
- Yolk of an egg
- 5 gr. Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 250 gr. Flour
- With the help of a spoon work the castor sugar into butter.
- Put the yolk of egg and the vanilla on top of it. It is important to put vanilla after yolk because it eliminates the smell. Mix all again.
- Add the flour and the water.
- Knead the dough till it is smooth.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin. It should become thick as a biscuit.
- Meanwhile start heating the oven at 180°C.
- Put a grease proof paper on the oven tray to prevent the cookies sticking. This will help the afterwards cleaning a lot. Put the biscuits you made on the tray.
- Roll the leftovers of the dough again to make new biscuits. Continue till there is no more dough to roll out. Make different shapes of biscuits with cookie cutters.
- Bake the biscuits for about 8 minutes. Watch them time to time while baking because as they are very thin they might easily become overbaked and even burn.
- You can add a touch of cinnamon in the dough, it smells very good and tastes delicious.
- One last tip, you can put chocolate chips on them as an alternative.