2 Lbs – Ground beef
½ Cup – Ketchup
2 Tbsp – Brown Sugar
2 tsp – Mustard of your choice, I use yellow mustard
1 tsp – Worcester sauce
1 – Onion
2 Tbsp – White vinegar
1 tsp – Salt
Directions for the Barbeque – Sloppy Joes Recipe
1. Peel the onion and finely dice it. The finer you dice, the faster it will cook.
2. In a large frying pan, add the diced onions and sauté them lightly for three (3) minutes on medium heat.
3. Add the ground beef to the frying pan and blend in the onions with a spoon. Fry the ground beef until it is cooked well.
4. When all the ground beef is blended and cooked, do not drain the fat, unless you really, really have to.
5. Add the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, Worcester sauce, white vinegar, salt, and stir the BBQ on medium to low heat. Add pepper to taste and continue stirring until everything is cooked well. BBQ should look thick and rich.
6. Grab a plate, put a couple of hamburger buns on it, and spoon on the BBQ.
7. My wife likes to add a side vegetable with the Sloppy Joes. She prefers to serve corn. I like to add potato chips on the side as well. Do not use the cheap thin chips, but the hearty, thick, lard-cooked crunchy ones. Add some wine, beer, or your favorite soda, and you are on your way for a great, fast, cheap meal. It is great for football Sundays.
7. If you wish to add any favorite spices or peppers, or the like, be my guest. You can also add a little sugar if you wish to make it sweeter. However, try it first without your extras and see what you think. It is a fast and satisfying meal.