Kangaroo Egg Noodle Soup Ingredients:
- 4 Cups (1 litre) of Vegetable Stock
- 300g of Kangaroo Steak
- 300g of Stir-Fry Vegetables
- 250g of Dried Fine Egg Noodles
- 100g of Baby Bok Choy Leaves
- 100g of Button Mushrooms
- 50g of Snow Peas
- 5 Spring Onions
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Chinese Rice Wine
- 2 Tablespoons of Dry Sherry
- 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Sunflower Oil
- 1 Splash of TabascoSauce
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (for seasoning)
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt (for seasoning)
Notes:You can also use vegetable broth in place of the vegetable stock. If you would like to make your own fat-free vegetable broth, check out this great Making Clear Fat-Free Vegetable Broth recipe.
- Slice the kangaroo steak into thin strips, rinse, trim and slice the spring onions, peel and crush the garlic, rinse, trim and finely slice the button mushrooms and rinse, trim and cut baby bok choy leaves in half.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the crushed garlic, the lemon juice, the soy sauce, the Tabasco sauce, the sesame oil, the dry sherry and the Chinese rice wine, then add the thinly sliced kangaroo strips and toss until well mixed, cover and let stand to marinate until needed, bearing in mind that the best results are achieved by allowing the kangaroo strips to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat the vegetable stock in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish, then add the sliced spring onions, the halved baby bok choy leaves, and the thinly sliced button mushrooms and simmer for 2 minutes before adding the noodles, to the simmering vegetables and stock, and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil in wok or frying pan, once the oil is up to temperature, add in the kangaroo strips to wok or frying pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until browned.
- Add the stir-fry vegetables and snow peas and stir-fry for 2-4 minutes or until the vegetables are nice and tender then transfer the kangaroo strips, the vegetables and the pan juices into the simmering noodles and bring the soup to a boil.
- Taste the kangaroo egg noodle soup and season with freshly ground black pepper and freshly ground sea salt as desired. Serve when ready
- Serves 4
- To serve ladle desired portion size into warmed soup or dinner bowls and enjoy your kangaroo egg noodle soup
- If you prefer additional heat then add a finely sliced chili pepper or teaspoon of chili flakes to the kangaroo marinade mixture