Magento Development India has increased demand with every passing day. Online sales and ecommerce are the latest buzz with today’s people where promotions and discounts play a very important role. They attract huge mass of customers and increase sales and clear inventory. Don’t miss out article to have complete idea for creating these promotional price rules that will be of great help to boost your online sales. Magento customization can cater your specific needs and show the correct picture in front of the customers. In such case one of the many conditions which can be customized is the ability to apply promotional price rules to specified SKUs.
Whether it is magento development or magento module development or magento customization customer’s needs differ in each case. Also every time we have noticed that promotions do slightly differ to meet the needs of their business. We have support team having vast experience and thus they assist all your requests on how to best configure shopping cart price rules according to your business needs. Our tips will perfectly suit your unique needs and avoid one of the most common sources of problems with shopping cart price rules. You have the full flexibility in magento development India and so you can easily structure different promotions for different products, specific products or categories.
Issue or the Problem: The most common problem or you can say the issue involved with shopping cart price rule scenario is how to apply a discount only to certain products with the use of SKU as the condition for the shopping cart price rule. So here is an example of what many users do:
While the configuration above looks like it should work it doesn’t. Here’s why.
Solution to the issue
The above mentioned issue has a solution thankfully and it is quite easy and simple too. The proper condition selection when multiple SKUs could trigger the discount should not be SKU ‘is”. At the time ‘is’ is used for single value selections but when it comes to select multiple values it will definitely not trigger the discount. So your proper decision should be ‘is one of’ and that will surely work. Please see the below image for it.
The conditions selection ‘is one of’ for multiple selections will not be applicable for SKU as the condition while creating shopping cart rules but then it will apply to categories selection or any other attribute if the condition includes multiple values. Please see out our Promotional Rules steps for continuing.
To apply a promotion to multiple SKUs:
For More Info:- Magento Development India | Magento Module Development
- Select Promotions > Catalogue Price Rules or Shopping Cart Price Rules (depending on which type of promotion you are configuring this for) from the Admin Panel. The result would be the price rules management page, as shown below.
- Now select the price rule which you wish to configure by a simple click in its respective row from the Price Rules table.
- Then click Conditions from left side of panel for setting up the price rule conditions. You will find something like this
- Click the green plus symbol to add a new condition. You will see a drop-down menu from where you can select SKU within Product Attributes
- Then a condition row will be displayed.
- By clicking’ is’ you will be allowed to modify the condition
- Next, click … to display a field where you can specify the SKU value(s) that will be identified for this condition.
- Click on the table icon next to the values field instead of typing in the SKU numbers and you will see a table of your products.
- By simple marking of the checkbox you can select products. By doing this you can add their SKU numbers into the SKU filed.
- Once you’ve selected the SKU numbers for this promotional price rule, click [Save Rule] to save these changes.