Nowadays, finding karaoke versions of your favorite songs isn’t as easy as A-B-C. A lot of good songs don’t even have their official instrumental versions so you have to do it on your own. I’ve read several tutorials about how to remove the vocals off of songs and here’s a quick and easy to understand tutorial for everyone. 🙂
<param name=”allowScriptAccess” value=”never” <param name=”allowNetworking” value=”internal” <embed src=”” allowscriptaccess=”never” allownetworking=”internal” </object>
video recorded in: Camtasia 6
song used: Hanson – Lost without each Other
To easily understand, please watch the tutorial video. 🙂
1. First, you should have the audio editing software Audacity. You can get it here for free.
2. Run Audacity then choose File and open the mp3 song that you want to work on.
3. Choose Split Stereo Track.
4. Highlight the lower track then choose Effect>Invert.
5. Now, select the drop down buttons of both tracks then choose Mono.
6. Click File>Export as mp3 to save your work.
7.Play and enjoy your karaoke song~!
Not all songs will work perfectly or even work with this method. To search for official/fanmade instrumentals of the songs, try searching it up onyoutube (try this free site for ripping the audio out of videos) or file-sharing sites like filestube and 4shared. Googling it this way , “song name instrumental/karaoke mediafire/megaupload” might also work.
Good luck and enjoy~ 🙂