1. To explain about some problem in the Holy Bible not by our logic, but according to what GOD say (Matthew 13:36, Luke 24:27, acts 11:4, acts 18:26)
2. To Argue (Acts 15:2, 18:28, 23:9). Not to deny God, because if we deny God, then we will get punishment of His Wrath (Isaiah 45:9). Argue here is that when we see God’s word perverted and we need to straighten it, then this is the function to write a reflections : argue to correct perverted God’s word.
3. To Support GOD’s word (deuteronomy 1:31, 2 kings 23:3)
4. Gives a new idea that educate (Proverbs 6:23, 22:6, 29:17, Daniel 1:5, Acts 7:22, 22:3, Ephesians 6:4, 2 Timothy 3:16; Titus 2:4, 2:12)
5. Provide a way out to the people who are experiencing problem (Exodus 18:20, Deuteronomy 8:6, 26:17; 1Kings 2:3; 1 Samuel 12:23; Job 38:19, Psalm 16:11, 23:3, 37:34, 51:15, 67: 3, 139:24, 143:8, Proverbs 3:17, 4:28, Isaiah 62:10, Daniel 4:37, Hosea 14:10; John 14:6, 1 Corinthians 10:13)
6. Warn or advise the brethren,who are turning from the path of God(Exodus 18:19, 1 Kings 12:6, Psalm 32:8, 73:24, Proverbs 12:15, 13:10, 19:20, Acts 20:2, Ephesians 6:4, Philippians 2:1 ; 1 Timothy 1:5, Acts 11:23, 13:43, 14:22, 2 Timothy 4:22, Titus 2:15, Hebrews 3:13; 1 Peter 2:11, 5:12)
7. Encouraging and comforting the brethren who are troubled to walk with God and put hope in God again (Acts14:22,1Thessalonians2:11,Isaiah49:13, 61:2, 66:13, Jeremiah31:13, Matthew5:4, John11:19, Acts13:15, Romans1: 12; 1 Corinthians14:3, 2 Corinthians1:4, 2:7, 7:4, Ephesians6:22, Colossians4:8, 2:2; 1Thessalonians3:7, 5:14; 2Tesalonika2:17)
1. Verses to read
This is used as the basis of the reflection to discuss. Verses are better used as one passage, or it could be some verses from one passage or from different books. It depends on the purpose of the reflection.
A reflection can be started with illustration, someone’s opinion, event, saying or verse, even a single passage. Lenght no more than one paragraph.
Give one or two question related to the topic discussed in the writing. The function of this question is to show the existence of problems in a reflection, where this issue will be answered completely. The Length is half or one paragraph.
Descibe the verses one by one. Usually this is divided into two to three small points, where after discussing each points may be illustrated or not at all depends on the complexity of the disscussion. The length of this description usually is four to five paragraph.
Conclude the description. This determine the reflection below. That is why this need to be fitted with the topic disscused above. The length is one paragraph.
What has resulted in the conclusion reflected to thereaders lives. So that the reader can use this reflection well. This reflection is very important, if the description did not reflected onto the readers lives than it would be useless. This reflection will be a life guidance for the readers. The length is one or two paragraph.