Doc, every time i sleep, either short or long, I frequent snoring (snoring). Still little better if only it slowly. I was snoring very loudly. I do not know how to handle it. What should I do? Thanks for the advice.
Aya (Women’s Singles, 25 Years), ayaXXXXX@gmail.com
Height 160 cm and weight 55 Kg
Thank you for your trust. We also sympathize and empathize with the situation Aya ya. Calm down, all the problems there must be a solution.
Straight to the point yes.
Of the complaints above, we underline the key phrase: each bed is always very loud snoring. Before heading into the solution, let us a little outline some medical facts about snoring (snoring).
Snoring is one of the clinical picture of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). In addition, snoring is also closely related to sleep deprivation, hypertension, cardiac arrhythmia (abnormal rhythm / rhythm of the heart), decreased lung function. Another surprising thing is that snoring it increases the risk of heart attack (heart attack) and stroke.
Snoring is the sound / the sound of inspiration that arise during a person’s sleep. Snoring is caused by narrowing of the nasopharyngeal airway so that air flow (turbulent airflow) during relaxed breathing vibrates the soft parts of the gastrointestinal / oropharyngeal airway, such as: soft pallatum (the ceiling in the oral cavity).
It is estimated that about 45% of adults snore occasionally ever. Uniquely snoring habits will increase according to age. Research proves that 50% of men and 40% of women in the age of 60 snore.
Here are some tips to overcome snoring:
1. The new tool is called the anterior mandibular positioner (AMP) have been successfully developed to overcome snoring.
The other method is the installation of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) to the respiratory tract (nasal passageway), may be given additional analgesic components (menthol, procaine, Xylocaine, etc.) to minimize irritation. Consult your nearest doctor about this tool.
2. Avoid and refrain from alcohol consumption and smoking habits.
Smoking can irritate the mucous membranes (mucous membrane) in the upper respiratory tract that causes swelling and increased production of mucus (phlegm).
3. Avoid taking the following drugs just before bed: sedatives or tranquilizers, sleeping pills, and antihistamines. Take the medicine at least 2-3 hours before bed (night).
4. Exercise regularly.
5. Living a healthy life, balanced. Avoid like overtime or forced to work overtime. Coffee (or tea or other light snacks) is not a loyal friend to accompany the work until late at night.
6. Avoid sleeping supine or prone position. If it is forced to sleep on their backs, then you should not use pillows. Choose the side sleeping position to the left or right.
7. Spend about 15 minutes before bedtime to do one of the following: listening to classical music, relaxation, breath work, yoga, writing in a diary, or doing light activities that are fun to pamper yourself.
8. Avoid eating, drinking, snacking before bed, or in other words, avoid sleeping in a state of the stomach is too full.
9. Lower or reduce weight. May be dieting, but not even to torture yourself. Actually there is a simple secret to rapid weight decreased. Want to know? Multiply move, move, think hard, active organization, always use the time to do good deeds.
10. Electrical stimulation (electrical stimulation) on the soft palate (the roof) in the oral cavity can treat obstructive sleep apnea and snoring.
11. If there is nasal obstruction (nasal), then immediately to the doctor. The doctor will prescribe topical steroids or systemic decongestants. Avoid buying medicines without a prescription.
12. Road or the last alternative is surgery operations alias. Operation to overcome snoring include: the method of tonsillectomy, uvulopalatopharyngoplasty, laser / electrocautery / microfrequency.
In patients who are overweight or obese, usually the success rate will be reduced. Before choosing surgery, consult first with your GP, ENT, surgery nearby. Ask the explanation about the success rate, side effects, cost, etc..
dr. Dito Anurogo
Doctors and researchers hematopsikiatri medicopomology, work in hospitals JL Healthy Families. P. Sudirman 9 Margorejo Pati, Central Java. Author of the book ‘Ways to Overcome Impotence’, is currently conducting research on Biomarkers of Stroke with scientists at the University of Wisconsin, USA.
Researchers hematopsikiatri (the science that studies the relationship with the blood type personality, lifestyle and trends in disease patterns, prevention and solutions). Researchers Medicopomology (medicinal fruit).