1. Quick Delivery : Many Voiceover Artists can record and deliver your voiceover within 24 hours. Longer scripts, such as Audio Books and E-Learning Modules, will take more time. If you can email the script or an estimate on the number or words, this will give the voiceover enough information to provide you with a turnaround time. Do let them know if you are working towards a particular deadline and usually they will be able to re-organise their workload to work within your time constraints.
2. Competitive Pricing – Don’t always choose the cheapest Voiceover you find. Pricing policies usually reflect the quality of recordings, and expertise of the voiceover artist. If your budget is limited its still worth contacting your preferred Voiceover Artist to discuss your project and budget restrictions.
3. Does your Voiceover Artist accept payment in the currency of your choice. Many Voiceover artists are happy to receive payment in US dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
4. What is your voiceover artists policy on re-records if these become necessary. If you’re not completely satisfied with your recording, are they happy to re-record as necessary, or are additional fees payable?
5. Is your Voiceover artist easy to work with? Do they create good working relationships and aim to have happy customers who become repeat clients!
6. A voiceover artist who works from their own home studio can offer greater flexibility when working with overseas clients on a tight schedule.
7. Is your Voiceover artist a member of SAVOA – the Society of Accredited Voice Over Artists (SM)-, which only admits members who attain a high level of professionalism and technical expertise.
8. Does your Voiceover artist have an accent suitable for your recording? Why not consider a native British accent to add a touch of class and elegance to your narration.
9. If you have a longer script that needs a voiceover, will your voiceover artist provide a short custom demo from your script free of charge?
10. Reliable, conscientious and trustworthy – and someone who loves their job!!! Does your voiceover artist tick all these boxes?
Written by Alison Pitman. For further information about the author and to hear her voice demos visit www.thephonevoice.com