Who is the Holy Spirit?
- He is the third person of the God Head (1 john 5:7; Luke 3:21-22)
- He is omni-present. He is present every where (Psalm 139:7-10)
- He has intellect, will and emotions. He has capacity for the knowledge because he is a person. He can be hurt because he has feelings (Ephesians 4:30)
- The Holy Spirit is not an influence or a power but he gives influence and power. He is the executive member of the trinity, who executes all intentions of the God-head. He carries the raw energy of the trinity.
What does the Holy Spirit do for us?
The activities of Satan on earth put limits on people’s lives. As a result, even a Christian requires a power beyond his ability to live an effective life and to fulfill his destiny in this world. The needed power is the power of the Holy Spirit.
When the Holy Spirit dwells inside a Christian, he influences his thinking and changes his life. He helps him seething in different perspectives. He helps him discover his potentials and deeply them effectively so that he can function at extra ordinary levels. The Holy Spirit gives a Christian access to divine wisdom that is beyond books. (John 14:16, 26; 16:8, 13; 1 cor 2:12)
How to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit
How can a person receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit?
- The person must be born again to quality (acts 19:16)
- Desire it and ask for it in prayer
- Develop an intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit everyday (2 cor 13:14)
God never designed man to function alone but to be empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill his assignments on earth. (Job 32:8).
Every Christian should desire the baptism of the Holy Spirit and cultivate a cordial relationship with Him so that you can access creative solutions form God to solve life’s problems.